Candidates wishing to take part in the entrance examination, must submit the application form, completed and signed, no later than the closing date for application (see right), to the study secretariat of the Conservatorium van Amsterdam.
Together with this form you have to send in the following documents by regular mail:
* photocopy of diploma(s) granted
* recent passport photo, labelled with your name and date of birth
* two photocopies of the page in your passport which contains the registration number and the photo
* an IELTS- or TOEFL-language certificate. Please note: this is only required for non-Dutch/non-English speaking candidates from countries outside the EU, please click here.
* a brief biography
* recordings if requested; please see the admission requirements for the principal subject of your choice. Please note that for the master programme in jazz a recording is required for every principal subject.
* a plan of study (only when you apply for the master's degree programme; not required for the master programmes in Composing for Film and Live Electronics)
* proof of payment (photocopy of your payment receipt or copy of the bank transfer) of € 35,- (audition fee)
Please submit all documents no later than the closing date for application to:
Conservatorium van Amsterdam
1011 DL Amsterdam
Please note: state your name on the envelope and the department you apply for (classical music, early music, jazz, popular music, music in education)
Entrance examination fee (administration and accompaniment): €35. If you are already studying at the CvA, you do not need to pay the fee.
The payment can be made by:
* transferring to the Deutsche Bank bank account 41 17 63 822
IBAN#: NL17 DEUT 0411 7638 22
of Amsterdamse Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, Conservatorium van Amsterdam (please state 'entrance examination' and the name of the candidate); or
* cash upon arrival in Amsterdam
Cheques cannot be accepted. Repayment of the fee is not possible.
Closing dates for application
1 March 2013
15 March 2013
Jazz, Pop Music
15 March 2013
1 May 2013
Master programme in Live Electronics
15 May 2013
Music in Education
27 May 2013
National Master of Music in Orchestral Conducting
1 June 2013
Dates of entrance examinations
Dutch National Opera Academy
25, 26 and 27 March 2013. Please apply for the auditions by using the DNOA application form on www.opera-academy.nl.
National Master of Music in Orchestra Conducting
17 and 19 June 2013. Read more