Candidates wishing to take part in the entrance examination, must submit the completed application form, no later than the closing date for application (see right), to the study secretariat of the Conservatorium van Amsterdam.
In addition to this form you must send in the following documents:
* copy of diploma(s) granted
* recent passport photo, labelled with your name and date of birth
* copy of the page in your passport which contains the registration number and the photo
* an IELTS- or TOEFL-language certificate. Please note: this is only required for non-Dutch/non-English speaking candidates from countries outside the EU, please click here.
* a brief biography
* recordings if requested; please see the admission requirements for the principal subject of your choice. Please note that for the master programme in jazz a recording is required for every principal subject.
* a Classical plan of study or Jazz plan of study (only when you apply for the master's degree programme; not required for the master programmes in Composing for Film and Live Electronics)
* proof of payment (photocopy of your payment receipt or copy of the bank transfer) of € 35,- (audition fee)
Please submit all documents no later than the closing date for application by e-mail to cva-studadmin @ ahk.nl
or by regular mail to:
Conservatorium van Amsterdam
1011 DL Amsterdam
Please state your name, the department (classical music, early music, jazz, popular music, music in education) and the instrument you apply for on the envelope.
The entrance examination fee (administration and accompaniment) is € 35,-*.
The payment can be made by:
* transferring to the Deutsche Bank bank account 41 17 63 822
IBAN#: NL17 DEUT 0411 7638 22
of Amsterdamse Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, Conservatorium van Amsterdam (please state 'entrance examination' and the name of the candidate); or
* cash upon arrival in Amsterdam
Cheques cannot be accepted. Repayment of the fee is not possible.
* Candidates who apply for two principal subjects need to pay the fee only once. Candidates who already study at the CvA (including preliminary training or Young Talents) do not need to pay the fee.
Closing dates for application
2 January 2014
Classical Music, Early Music
1 March 2014
Jazz, Pop Music
15 March 2014
Master programme in Live Electronics
1 May 2014
Music in Education
31 May 2014
National Master of Music in Orchestral Conducting
November 2014 (for the 2015-2016 study year)