Bachelor's Degree in Baroque Oboe
Please download Programme Structure and Credits
This is a multifaceted degree programme in which as many aspects of the subject of 'historical oboe' as possible are taught:
* individual private lessons (technique, études, repertoire from various periods and for various period instruments: Baroque oboe, oboe da caccia, oboe d'amore, Classical oboe, Romantic oboe
* regular group lessons. These are taught by the teacher and sometimes by the students (under supervision of the teacher).
* methodology (teaching)
* chamber music and ensembles taught by various teachers
* orchestral repertoire, orchestra class and participation in orchestra projects
* the Sweelinck Baroque Orchestra class is held once a week under the guidance of various teachers, giving participants a chance to work on oboe concertos, in addition to other opportunities
* monthly evening group recitals
* participation in masterclasses
* attending the rehearsals and concerts of acclaimed orchestras and ensembles
‘Free space’ electives (third and fourth year), please see the general selection of electives in the Elected Components programme.
At the end of the first, second and third years:
* end-of-year examination lasting 20 minutes: two concert pieces of different character
At the end of the fourth year:
* final examination lasting 50 minutes: works from various style periods, preferably including a chamber work
Two entire sonatas in different styles, for instance French (Hotteterre, Philidor, Couperin) and Italian (Sammartini, Handel, Telemann).