On Thursday 10 February 2022 the AHK celebrated the tenth edition of the AHK Graduation Prize. Two cash prizes of €3,000 in the Bachelor’s and Master’s categories, and an audience prize of €1,000 were awarded. From this year on, all other nominated projects receive an amount of €500.
On February 10, 2022, the jury announced the winners during a festive ceremony at the Melkweg music venue in Amsterdam. Jefferson Yaw Frempong-Manson, first-year student of Theater and Cabaret at the AHK, opened the event performing his song Officer Don't Let Go with his band. The eleven nominees presented their graduation projects. AHK alumnus Sherazade Fritze was presenting the afternoon. During the livestream, the public - at the venue and at home - could vote for the Audience Award.
Jury chair Ernestine Comvalius announced the winners of the prizes. Faydim Ramshe (Directing Documentaries) and team won in the Bachelor category with the film Yalda: The Longest Night. The prize in the Master category was presented to Niek Smal (Landscape Architecture) for his landscape design Watertrots. The audience in the hall and the viewers of the livestream chose X Y WE by Marleen Hendrickx as the winner of the Audience Award.
Video AHK Graduation Prizes 2021
Nominees AHK Graduation Prize 2021
The following graduation projects have been shortlisted:
- Notes by Lautaro Hochman with Siebren Smink, David Ko - Composition, Conservatorium van Amsterdam
- Saoshyant by Ramin Amin Tafreshi - Composition, Conservatorium van Amsterdam
- The Unspoken Truth by Dion Rosina - Fine Art in Education, Breitner Academy
- Longing by Lotte Salomons - Directing Documentaries, Netherlands Film Academy
- X Y WE by Marleen Hendrickx - Theatre in Education, Academy of Theatre and Dance
- Yalda: the Longest Night by Faydim Ramshe, Ivo Siebum, Rosalien Hollestelle - Directing Documentaries, Production, Production, Netherlands Film Academy
- The Calabar Sculpture Garden by Stephanie Idongesit Ete - Architecture, Academy of Architecture
- The Democratization of Knowledge by Andrea Lagrutta - Master of Museology, Reinwardt Academy
- Sector Quicksand by Abhay Kumar - Master in Film, Netherlands Film Academy
- Time Will Tell by Reza Mirabi - Choreography, DASGraduate, Academy for Theatre and Dance
- Watertrots by Niek Smal - Landscape Architecture, Academy of Architecture
photography: Erwin van Amstel
The jurymembers of the AHK Graduation Prize 2021 are Zippora Elders, Edwin van Huis, Dominique Vleeshouwers and jury chair Ernestine Comvalius.