If you do not agree with a decision, you can lodge an objection against that decision with the body that took the decision, for example the faculty board or the Executive Board. This mostly concerns decisions on the basis of procedures or rules that have been adopted, such as the granting of the Talent Grant, exemptions, enrolment and termination of enrolment, or disciplinary measures. You can only lodge an objection against a decision, not against the procedure or the regulation itself. The time limit for lodging an objection is six weeks.

If you do not agree with the handling of an objection by the faculty board or the Executive Board, you can lodge an appeal with the Higher Education Appeals Board in The Hague cbho.nl. You can never go to this national board with an objection. You must always first institute objection proceedings internally.