Step 7: collecting your student card
You can collect your student card at your faculty’s reception, provided you have met all requirements for enrolment. Once you have your student card, your enrolment as an AHK student is complete.
You will only be officially enrolled once
- you have enrolled via Studielink before 1 September;
- you have paid the tuition fees and have sent back the payment form before 15 July;
- your identity and previous educations have been checked by the Central Student Administration (send copies in before 15 July);
- you have applied for a visa (only for students from outside the European Economic Area);
- you have supplied your Dutch address in Studielink before 1 October.
Your student card is a multi-functional chip card that provides access to the school buildings. You will also need it to print and copy documents, and to pay for refreshments in the canteens.
Furthermore, the student card gives you entrance to VERS, the AHK’s opening party at the Melkweg that celebrates the start of the new academic year. Make sure you enrol on time to avoid missing the party
Step 8: upon arrival