Step 2: creating a Studielink account
In order to enrol at the AHK you have to create an account in Studielink via www.studielink.nl. Studielink is a national online enrolment application used by all Dutch institutions for higher education. Click on the flags (top right) to change the language. You will need Studielink for the duration of your studies in the Netherlands, so please make sure to keep your username and password safe.
Please choose below which situation applies to you:
I have a home address abroad or an unofficial Dutch address
I have an official address in the Netherlands but no Studielink account
I already have a Studielink account and an official Dutch address
Home address abroad
If you do not yet have a place to live in the Netherlands or if you do not have an official Dutch address (you are not officially registered at a Dutch municipality) you will have to request login details at Studielink:
- Use the first login method: 'Request login details and log in (exclusively for students with a home address abroad)'.
- Choose 'Apply for user name and password', choose a user name and fill in your email address
- You will receive an email with your password (you will have to change this later)
- Sign in to your new account and enter your personal details. If you have more than one nationality, don't forget to fill in all. This is particularly important if you are a national of the European Economic Area)
- Fill in your address abroad as the first address (verification address)
- If you already have an unofficial Dutch address fill this in as the second address (correspondence address)
- Fill in your previous education details as follows:
- choose the country of your previous education and continue
- choose 'yes' at diploma received and continue
- enter the date of your diploma and continue
- choose 'other' and continue
- type the name of your diploma and continue
- You will return to the homepage
Official Dutch residential address
If you have an official Dutch residential address and are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen) you are required to log in to Studielink with your DigiD.
DigiD is used to log in for all official online applications linked to the Dutch government, so make sure you keep your username and password safe.
- If you do not have an account you have to apply for a DigiD account first at www.digid.nl. Please note that it can take up to a week to receive your DigiD account
- Once you have received your DigiD account information go to www.studielink.nl and choose the option 'Log in with DigiD'.
- Follow the steps as indicated by Studielink.
Converting an existing Studielink account
If you already have a Studielink account, and an official Dutch address, please follow the steps below:
- Apply for DigiD (see 'official Dutch address')
- Log in on www.studielink.nl and choose the option "Do you still have a Studielink user name and password? Convert this now (once only)!"
- Log in to Studielink with your existing account and you will be given an opportunity to convert your account to DigiD.
- Log in again using Digid. Your existing Studielink-account is now linked to your DigiD.
Always make any changes in your address or contact details in Studielink.
Step 3: enrolling at the AHK