Most study programmes at the Amsterdam University of the Arts are quite demanding. However, many students succeed in combining study and work.

Having a job in the Netherlands involves a compulsory health insurance. The premium varies. The compulsory health insurance also involves the possibility of financial support by the government.

EU/EEA students
Nationals of EU/EEA countries normally do not need a work permit; they are allowed to work in the Netherlands. There is an exception for nationals of Romania and Bulgaria: their employer needs a work permit for them.

Non EU/EEA students
Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries, with a residence permit for the purpose of study, are are allowed to work for max. 16 hours a week. If they want to work more hours, their employer needs to apply for a residence permit for the purpose of work for them.

More information on Working while Studying in the Netherlands