Student finance

If you are under the age of 30 and are registered in full-time or dual education, you can apply for student finance in The Netherlands. You must be a Dutch national or have the same rights, depending on your residence permit or your nationality.

Nationality requirements
If you have the nationality of an EU/EEA-country or Switzerland, you will qualify for student finance if you have been living in the Netherlands for 5 consecutive years or more. Or if you (or your non-Dutch parent or partner) work in the Netherlands for at least 56 hours a month.

If you are not a national of an EU/EEA-country or Switzerland, you can still qualify for student finance if you have a residence permit type II, III or IV. Check the nationality chart if you have another type of permit.

Limited funding
Do you fail to meet the nationality requirements for student finance? You may still qualify for a limited funding towards the payment of your tuition or course fee.

For more information about study finance and how to apply for it, check the website of DUO (the governmental institution for everything about studying in The Netherlands).



Contact your student counsellor