Holland Scholarship for outgoing exchange
The Holland Scholarship is a grant programme offered by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Science and Culture that aims to provide a financial incentive to talented students to study or do an internship in one of the non-EEA countries. An outgoing Holland Scholarship for consists of a grant amount of €1,250.
What are the conditions?
- You are studying full-time at the AHK (only students of the Master of Museology are not eligible);
- The study or internship period lasts a minimum of three months;
- The study or internship period takes place in a non-EEA country (that is to say: outside the European Union and the EFTA countries Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway);
- You have demonstrably excellent study results;
- The study or internship takes place at a renowned institution or company;
- The application is complete, excellently motivated and meets all the conditions of the AHK Internationalisation Fund.
How do you apply for an outgoing Holland Scholarship?
You apply for the grant via the AHK Internationalisation Fund and submit the application to your internationalisation coordinator. The application rounds are in mid-May and mid-November. Applications outside the application rounds will not be accepted.
Application form Holland Scholarship for outgoing exchange (Word)
How will the application be assessed?
An outgoing Holland Scholarship application has additional assessment rounds compared to an AHK Internationalisation Fund application: an assessment will be requested from the internationalisation coordinator of your academy and from the board of studies. The director of your academy will make a ranking of candidates.
The assessment committee of the AHK Internationalisation Fund will assess the applications based on the conditions of the fund, the quality of the institution and the ranking by the director. The committee will make a nomination recommendation for the Executive Board of the AHK; the Executive Board will determine whether the recommendations are accepted.
Result of the application
You will receive one of the following messages no later than 15 June 2019:
1. The Holland Scholarship is awarded.
2. The Holland Scholarship is awarded in addition to an award from the AHK Internationalisation Fund.
3. The application does not receive an award from the Holland Scholarship, but does receive an award from the AHK Internationalisation Fund.
4. The application does not receive an award.
How do you stand a chance of receiving both a Holland Scholarship and an AHK Internationalisation Fund grant?
The committee will assess all applications based on quality and excellent study results. There is a preference for applications with a minimum stay of 4.5 months. The reputation of the internship post or study programme will be considered in the assessment.
Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Email: email@example.com