Living in Amsterdam

The demand for student housing in Amsterdam is high. It is not easy, therefore, to find housing. However, it’s not impossible! Below we will discuss a few options.

  • !WOON informs, advises and supports residents in Amsterdam. You can contact them with questions about the social housing associations that offer student homes.
  • Studentenwoningweb offers rooms and homes for students. The accommodation on offer is from the social housing associations Pré Wonen, Stadgenoot, Lieven de Key and Ymere. You pay €22.50 for an ten-year enrolment. You can respond to the accommodation on offer an unlimited number of times.
  • Ymere offers temporary homes. They will be demolished or renovated in the future.
  • The Social Hub has more than 700 rooms. You can stay there from one day to one year. Permanent accommodation is not possible here.
  • The City of Amsterdam offers an information overview. Here you will read how you can find housing in Amsterdam and all the things you should look out for.
  • ROOM offers student rooms in, among other places, Amsterdam and Haarlem. You pay €35 for an eight-year enrolment.
  • HousingAnywhere offers rooms to students from abroad. You can also offer your room (and find rooms) here if you are going abroad yourself.
  • Student Experience offers self-contained apartments with a private kitchen and bathroom in a new modern student residence.

For music students

Students from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam can benefit from the accommodation available from the Jan Pietersz. Huis Foundation. They offer living and work space with sound isolation for musicians. The foundation has approximately 450 homes spread out across the city, including the medieval Bethaniënklooster (Bethany Convent).

For international students

International student can benefit from the range of 30 student rooms of housing foundation De Key. Priority is given to first-year students. The rooms are available for a period of 1 year. At this moment the application form has closed.

Renting or renting out rooms during a stay abroad

If you are going abroad for an exchange or a work placement/internship, You can rent out your room to international students temporarily via HousingAnywhere. You can also rent a room abroad yourself via this website. Read more about this HousingAnywhere.