Graduation Prize 2018
On Monday 26 November 2018 the AHK will celebrate the seventh edition of the AHK Graduation Prize (Eindwerkprijs). Students and teachers nominate the best graduation work for the prize. The jury will then select a number of bachelor and master projects for the shortlist. Three prizes will be awarded: €3,000 for a bachelor project, €3,000 for a master project and an audience award which will be revealed during the award ceremony.
Three bachelor projects and five master projects were nominated based on 33 entries:
- Dewy Venerius (Fine Art in Education), for Kawaii Fastfood Collectie en de Foxy & Trash Panda Collectie;
- Judith Sleddens (Theatre in Education), for PUHAHA;
- Daphne Lucker (Directing Fiction), for SISTERS.
- Francesco Ragazzi (Master of Film), for Filmmaking as a Method;
- Bengin Dawod Abdullah (Master Urbanism), for The Soul of the City;
- Jeannette Moor and Olav van den Brekel (Master Education in Arts), for Unframed;
- Christiaan Schuit (Master Architecture), for Van kamer tot kamer;
- Anne Nieuwenhuijs (Master Landscape Architecture), for Vloeibaar land.
How do you compare choreography with an architectural design, or a heritage thesis with a mime performance? The jury are faced with a difficult task each year. Important criteria upon which the jury evaluates the entries, in addition to them having been assessed as good, include the way in which a connection is made with the outside world in the graduation project, and the relevance of the work for the further development of the profession. This should be apparent from the entry and your motivation.
Everyone is welcome to join the public festive ceremony.
Date: Monday 26 November 2018, 16:00-19:00
Location: Netherlands Film Academy
Please email email@example.com.