From 18 to 29 July 2011, the first edition of the Amsterdam International Summer School, an in-depth summer course for ballet dancers between 15 and 21 years of age, will take place. This intensive two-week course is organized by the National Ballet Academy in collaboration with the Dutch National Ballet.
The Summer School will take place in the studios of Het Muziektheater Amsterdam (home to the Dutch National Ballet and De Nederlandse Opera). The course will focus on classical technique i.e., lessons in technique for girls and boys, variations, pas-de-deux, pointe technique, men’s coaching and variations. Students will also follow lessons in contemporary, Dutch National Ballet repertoire and a unique opportunity will be offered for working on a new choreography with one of Dutch National Ballet’s rising choreographers.
The course will be concluded with a studio presentation to an invited audience and parents. Ted Brandsen, artistic director of the Dutch National Ballet, will be present.
For information about the course, classes, application procedure, etc. go to: Amsterdam International Summer School
Our prestigious international teaching faculty includes:
- Monique Loudières - Danseuse Ètoile, Paris Opera & International Guest Teacher
- Patrick Armand - International Ballet Master, Guest Teacher & Head Teacher, San Francisco Ballet Training Programme
- Judy Maelor Thomas - Ballet Master & Répétiteur of the Dutch National Ballet
- Didy Veldman - Internationally renowned Choreographer & Teacher
- Jacquelin Barrett - International Teacher, Répétiteur & Assistant to choreographer Christopher Wheeldon
- Ernst Meisner - Dancer, Dutch National Ballet & International Choreographer
- Nathalie Caris - Teacher, National Ballet Academy, Amsterdam & International Guest Teacher
- Christopher Powney - Artistic director of the National Ballet Academy, Amsterdam & International guest teacher
For questions and more information contact the Summer School team by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org