The Talent Grant was established in 2013 and is aimed at providing financial support to excellent students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and Suriname who wish to study at the Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK).
Students from non-EEA countries normally have to pay the institutional tuition fees, which are not subsidised by the government and considerably higher. The Talent Grant 2020 helps non-EEA students cover the difference between the lowest institutional tuition fees and the government-subsidised statutory tuition for one study year.*
Who is eligible?
- The student or applicant is national from a non-EEA country (excluding the countries Suriname and Switzerland that are not eligible for this grant scheme);
- The student or applicant demonstrates exceptional merit;
- The student will be living full-time in the Netherlands while studying at the AHK;
- The student has to pay the non-state funded, and thus higher, institutional tuition fees;
- The applicant who is not yet enrolled at the AHK, must have passed the entrance exam successfully.
Each application will be assessed on the basis of the student’s potential, as well as their financial situation.
How to apply
Each applicant will need to be assessed by the head of their study programme at the AHK before they can apply for this grant. The head of the study programme is entitled to set their own criteria for what is considered ‘exceptional merit’. The director of each academy will make a ranking of the applications; the ranking will be presented to the Executive Board of the AHK for final decision.
Please contact the student adviser of your academy to find out whether you meet the criteria of this grant. If you are eligible to apply according to the head of the study programme, you’ll receive an application form from the student adviser of the academy. The application has to be sent in no later than 1 June 2020. The grant announcement will be made in the second week of July.
The Talent Grant cannot be granted retrospectively for academic years that the student has already completed.
* AHK has a few different institutional fees rates depending on the study programme. The lowest institution fee rate for 2020/2021 is € 5.200. Please contact the academy’s student adviser for details.