The programme will enable you to further develop your expertise from a personal study perspective. The programme offers:
- deepening of art theoretical knowledge, didactic innovation and artistic vision development;
- connections between research and practice;
- interdisciplinary cooperation with fellow students under the guidance of experience artists;
- development of organisational skills and entrepreneurship.
The study programme has the following focus points:
- an interdisciplinary approach;
- research, thanks to the close connection with the Arts Education research group;
- cultural diversity, with a focus on the metropolitan context;
- strong ties with the practice, thanks to teaching staff with a large network and a lot of practical experience;
- authentic arts education in terms of both research and teaching.
Accreditation and degree
The master's programme in Education in Arts has been positively assessed by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO). This means that upon successful completion of the programme students will receive a legally accredited Master's degree in Education in Arts and the title Master of Education (MEd). Only accreditated degree programmes are listed in the Dutch central register of higher education programmes (CROHO).
More information on accreditation and degrees