Other important types of insurances

Liability insurance
Dutch Law states that you are responsible for paying the cost in case you damage someone else’s property or cause an accident, for example damage equipment from school. We therefore expect students to take out a liability insurance. A liability insurance is not expensive. On this website you can compare different liability insurances.

Home insurance (household content insurance)
If you rent an apartment or a room in the Netherlands, you want to be sure that your personal possessions are covered by an insurance. There is always a small chance that something unexpected happens, like a fire or a burglary. On this website you can compare different home insurances.

Travel insurance
When temporarily studying in another country, most students make use of the opportunity to travel and become acquainted with new cities and countries. It is important that you have a suitable travel insurance policy to cover the costs of stolen baggage, repatriation etc.